Top Boston Tourist Attractions
As you can imagine, there is a lot to do and see when it comes to the city of Boston. When someone say Boston what are the first things that come to mind? The Redsox, Samuel Adams lager, the Patriots (pains me to say that being a Browns fan) or maybe even duck boats?
I thought I would put together a list of some of the top Boston tourist attractions. Some I’m sure you may be pretty familiar with but I am willing to bet that others you may not have ever known even existed.
My hopes are that I will peak your interest and give you some ideas when planning your next vacation or weekend road trip to the city of Boston. Without further or do, let’s see what we can come up with.
Old Town Trolley Tours
This is a must do if you are interested in checking out just about all of historic Boston. Old Town Trolleys in Boston has been voted in the top 10 best tour in the world.
You will have the ability to hop on and off as you please and have the option of choosing a 1 or 2 day pass, depending on how much you would like to see.
By purchasing a basic 1 or 2 day pass you are also going to get:
- FREE admission to The Old State House
- FREE admission to Boston’s Dreamland Wax Museum
- $7.50 off admission to the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
- 50% the Boston Harbor Cruise
- 50% admission to the Old North Church
There are a number of other trolley tours and packages for you to choose from as well:
- New England Aquarium and trolley package
- Freedom Trail and trolley package
- Whale watching and trolley package
- 1 or 2 day trolleys and Tea Party Package
- Boston Day and Night and trolley package
- Ghosts and Gravestones Tour
Boston Tea Party Ships And Museums
Relive all the details of The Boston Tea Party with a fully narrated guide and interactive tour. Explore the actual ships as well as one of the original tea chests from that historic event.
Check out actual artifacts from the tea party and even take part by throwing tea overboard yourself.
Your chance to see whales up close and personal by taking high speed boat out into the water with professional guides.
New England Aquarium
Includes the largest ray and shark touch tank on the east coast
your kids will love this place. Indoor play zone with climbing wall, swings and jungle gym. Even comes with 2 rides and 4D theater. You can spend all day in here and wonder where the time went.
Plimoth Plantation and Plimoth Grist Hill
Experience what life was like back in the 17th Century. Discover a different perspective at the Wampanoag Homesite, where modern-day Native staff practice and preserve traditional skills and speak about the history and culture of the Wampanoag People.
Old South Meeting House
This was the largest gathering place in colonial Boston. You can check out tea leaves from the Boston Tea Party, John Hancock’s writing desk, revolutionary artifacts and other historical documents.
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library And Museum
Learn all about our 35th President of the Unites States.
Peabody Essex Museum
- Over 2.4 million works of art
- Yin Yu Tang which is the only 200-year old house located outside of China
- Voted one of the 10 best museums for kids
- Children under the age of 16 are free
Salem Witch Museum
Learn all about the Salem With Trials of 1692. Learn and feel the panic that swept through this peaceful town.
Old North Church
Here you will learn about Paul Revere’s midnight ride along with chocolate making demonstrations.
Boston’s Dreamland Wax Museum
Take a journey in 12 themed galleries with over 100 figures also check out the augmented reality. Get an up close look at every single US President in the Hall of Presidents.
Boston Cruises and Ferries
Below is a comprehensive list of a number of different cruises that you can take through Boston Harbor:
- Spirit of Boston lunch cruise
- Boston Harbor sunset dinner cruise
- Boston harbor dinner dance cruise
- Boston Odyssey lunch cruise
- Boston Odyssey dinner cruise
- Boston Harbor sunset dinner and tour
- Boston historic sightseeing cruise
- USS Constitution harbor cruise of Boston
- Boston to Salem ferry roundtrip
- Cape Cod and Provincetown ferry (one way or round trip)
I know there are a lot of choices there so I decided not to add a description to each one, plus I think they are pretty self explanatory. Click on the link below to learn more about what all of these cruises have to offer.
CODZILLA Thrillboat Ride
This is Boston’s 1st and only thrill boat ride. It is equipped with a state of the art sound system and seats up to 135 people. It’s twin diesel engines are capable of turning out 2,800 horsepower and can reach speeds of 40 mph. This is a 40 minutes ride and the kids absolutely love it!
Walking and Biking Tours
Boston also has a wide variety of walking and biking tours. Below is a quick list of your options.
- Boston Freedom Trail
- Freedom Trails Lantern Tours
- Boston Movie Mile Walking Tour
- Boston City View Biking Tour
- Tour de CambridgeBiking Tour
- Tour de Boston Biking Tour
- Tour de Boston- Sunset Edition
- Emerald Necklace Biking Tour
How To Purchase Tickets For These Boston Attractions
As you can see, Boston has a lot to offer. Some of which are things that you probably didn’t even know existed. The great news is that I can show you not only where to go to purchase these attractions but get them all in one place and at the lowest price possible!
Of course, you will want to make sure that it a reputable company so I am going to send you over to my full review so that you can check things out for yourself. From there you can access the main site, click on the Boston tab and start planning your next vacation.
If you have any questions or have done any of these attractions in the past I would love about your experiences. Simply drop them below in the comments.
I hope you found this list of Boston tourist attractions helpful and hopefully you will take advantage and save yourself some money on planning your next trip.